Join the inaugural effort of Miami alumnae,
coming together to transform a community
One effort, many hands
M.I.A.M.I. Women is based on advancing, mentoring and investing in Miami Women. Advancing and mentoring have long been key parts of the Leadership Symposiums. Now the Women’s Giving Circle is your opportunity to be a part of the investing as well.
The giving circle is a collective giving effort that allows participants to contribute a set amount of dollars – an amount which, by itself, could not fund a significant project. The result of participants giving the same donation is the creation of a pool of money that can fund vital projects immediately. Moreover, all members of the giving circle share in the decision of how the money will be used.
By combining the efforts of interested Miami alumnae and friends, the Women’s Giving Circle will create grants to fund programs that benefit women on campus and in the community.
Membership in this program supports worthwhile causes and programs at Miami – ranging from social entrepreneurship and experiential learning to student organizations and service learning opportunities. It also provides members exclusive opportunities to interact with alumnae, faculty and students throughout the year.
Other membership benefits include:
- Invitations to special members-only events;
- Free admission to the M.I.A.M.I. Women Leadership Symposium;
- Participation in grant selections;
- Special access to campus events, faculty and programs;
- Networking opportunities.
How it works
Members of the Women’s Giving Circle who make
their commitment before June 30, 2017, will be part of the
Inaugural Class. Additionally, these early adopters will
be a vital part of shaping the giving circle and of the grant
recipient selection process.
- Make your commitment of $1,000 by June 30, 2017.
- Member contributions establish grant funding.
- Each member votes to determine which programs receive grants.
- During the spring M.I.A.M.I. Women Leadership Symposium, members hear from recipients on the effect the grant has made for Miami students and the community.
- Members are invited to a giving circle fall event to meet grant finalists selected by the M.I.A.M.I. Women Steering Committee, ask questions and engage with alumnae and the campus community.
- Member bios and photos will be featured on the M.I.A.M.I. Women website.
For more information, please contact: