The Miami Foundation Board of Directors is committed to donors having an extraordinary philanthropic experience and consistently strives to ensure donor wishes are observed and gifts are used for the purpose stated by the donors. The Foundation Board of Directors adopted this policy as an expression of the Foundation’s ongoing commitment to fulfilling donors’ gift intent.
The Miami University Foundation Donor Intent Policy>>
From July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015, Miami raised more than $67 million in new gifts and pledges, the highest total in the past decade. The total represented a 41 percent increase over last year’s fiscal year total and showed continued momentum from a strong 2014 calendar year posting of $50.7 million.
“Miami University's alumni and friends recognize the financial challenges inherent in providing the affordable, top tier education that is Miami's tradition,” Vice President for University Advancement Tom Herbert said. “Their support in the face of that reality over the past year has been extraordinary and is deeply appreciated throughout the institution.”
Some of the Fiscal Year 2015 notables include:
- Raising $19.7 million toward the $100 million Miami Promise Scholarship Campaign and surpassing an $18 million first-year goal;
- Officially announcing the Graduating Champions Campaign supporting Miami Athletics, which already is more than 60 percent of the way to its $80 million goal;
- Garnering $4.13 million from nearly 30,000 Annual Giving donors;
- Raising nearly $80,000 from the Senior Class Gift effort, endowing the Class of 2015 Scholarship and increasing overall class scholarship giving by 19 percent over last year;
- Securing more than $28 million or 42 percent of contributions from alumni, followed by foundations (31 percent), friends (12 percent), corporations (9 percent) and parents (3 percent).